Why do some ministries die and some thrive? Lisa Brenninkmeyer, author and founder of Walking With Purpose, shares with us how she built a grassroots women's ministry and not just another program. Leadership training and mentoring form the backbone of Walking With Purpose and are precisely what makes it so powerful.
The show starts off with me, your old pal Gomer, thank you, our beautiful listeners, for being amazing. LayEvangelist.com is a continued experiment in bringing about the new evangelization and as we expand our number of shows to, you know, more than one, we hope that it can change your life, your faith and your city.
Then Lisa, out of no where, just starts affirming Luke, which made me very uncomfortable, because, it's Luke.
We dive into the Call, Revival, and even our recent interview with good, old Father Dave Pivonka of www.thewildgooseisloose.com.
Lisa brings up a very good point about the Church and women. Often teachers and preachers tend to focus on chastity when the girls are young, and maternity when the girls become women. They are basically locked in a sexual viewpoint. Lisa's presentations are powerful because she goes beyond sexual value or maternity and focuses on the foundation: my identity as a woman in Christ. Thus her ministry is wide open to women of all vocations and backgrounds.
Oh yeah, she's that good. This is one of my favorite interviews yet.
From the website...
What is Walking with Purpose?
- Walking with Purpose is a women’s Catholic Bible study program.
- Walking with Purpose endeavors to meet women where they are, giving them practical Biblical teaching that is consistent with Church doctrine and uses the Catechism of the Catholic Church as an additional resource. All materials have received the imprimatur from the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- Walking with Purpose aims to bring women to a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ by offering personal study and small group discussion that link our everyday challenges and struggles with the solutions given to us through the teachings of Christ and the Catholic Church.
- Walking with Purpose has three elements: at-home study, weekly small group meetings (if in the parish-based or small group programs), and a monthly talk on relevant course material. Most courses contain 22 lessons; one short course contains six lessons.
- Walking with Purpose has over 130 parishes involved in our Leadership Training Program in the United States, Europe and Canada and has helped thousands of women grow closer to Christ.